Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Anniversary Wine Glasses

Happy Monday everyone! Hubby and I have our one year anniversary coming up on Tuesday *insert excited squeal here*, so I've been trying to come up with little things to make it special. One of the ideas I had stemmed from a bottle of sparkling cider in our fridge that is actually from our wedding day! I thought, since the bottle is so special, clearly the drinking apparatus must be brought up to par! Thus were born our anniversary "wine" glasses.

Now, this was NOT as simple as I imagined it would be. In my head, I was going to pick up two wine glasses at the dollar store, some paint at Michaels, and away I would go! In reality, it took 4 different tries and 4 different methods before I had anything I deemed worthy of our anniversary.

These were my first attempt:
It took 3 different methods to get to that point. I looked at them and thought to my self, "Self, those are not good. Those are not you and Nick. They are drab and boring. You are not." This was a very sad realization, because I had spent the majority of my afternoon, as well as the afternoon before, on these. So I had a cookie and went to bed.

The next morning, I decided that those glasses had to go. I was going to start from scratch. One quick trip to WalMart later, and I was on my way to non-drab glasses!! This time around I went with our wedding colors, purple and green. I figured that would take them from drab to fabuolous! Everything is better in purple. This is the new result:


Much better! I started out with two 97 cent glasses from WalMart, some enamel paint, and some sticker stencils:

 


The Mr. ande Mrs. are free-handed onto the glasses. I used a heart stencil for my glass and a (only slightly) more manly polka dot stencil for hubby's. Ta-da! Glasses worthy of our special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment