Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Finding the niche God created you for

    I got the hubby a one-year devotional book for Christmas, with the intention of us reading it together every day. We are currently....behind. To say the least. But it's a really great book! Each day has a Bible promise, and then a little one page devotional based on that promise.
   
    It's been pretty uplifting to start out the day with a promise from God. And since I'm really not awesome at reading my Bible consistently, I'm hearing most of the promises for the first time! Which is nice, but also a constant reminder that I really need to spend more time reading my Bible....But! One of the lines in one of this weeks devotionals has really stuck with me. To paraphrase, it said: God created each one of us specifically for the time and place in which we live.

   So this all-powerful God, who knows the end from the beginning, knows everything about everyone, this God took the time to carefully design ME. My personality, my quirks, my likes and dislikes, and then to put me in the town I live in, the job I go to 3 days a week, the church I go to, all to fill a niche that He knows is there. That thought really makes me want to figure out what that niche is. If He spent so much time creating me for it, it's gotta be something good. It's gotta be something that I can use to bring glory to Him, to shine a light on Him and show Him to people who may have never seen that side of Him. At least, I hope it is! One that note, off I go to find it! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment